Monday 15 October 2012

Blessed

So the last few weeks have been pretty hectic and a little stressful in ways as life tends to do.  But throughout the ups and downs I have been able to realise just how blessed I am and that I need to be more positive in my thinking.

This morning I read this quote:

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have rose" -Abraham Lincoln

Which got me to thinking about my complaints the last couple of weeks:

  • I could complain that a certain person hasn't texted me today or be happy that someone actually texts me who is not my mum
  • I could complain that my son talks too much or be grateful that my son actually wants to talk to me
  • I could complain that my column got cut back to once a week or be happy that I now have more time to write my short stories
  • I could complain that I have so many meetings to attend or I could be happy knowing that I have a job to feed and clothe my family
  • I could complain that I want to eat a burger and fries instead of eleni and rice or just be happy that I have food to eat
So my goal at least for today is to be more positive, hoping that it continues past today though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment